Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hoping For Some Answers, or at Least a Direction

Tomorrow I have my post-operative visit tomorrow.  I do not know what to expect, but I do hope my doctor has an idea of where to go from here.  I'm not sure what tests they may want to do or how long my appointment will end up being.  I am not expecting to walk out with a diagnosis tomorrow, but I am hoping to walk out with some more ideas of what they are going to do to come to a diagnosis.  I do not want to get another condition stuck in my head, so I'm trying to stay open to anything at this point.  I have decided that I do not want to go on another medication just to "see if it works" and then get a diagnosis.  I want a diagnosis first.  Medications can effect your body to much to just play trial and error with them.  I had to learn this the hard way with Lupron.  

I am concerned about not being able to walk for long periods of time.  Our Washington, D.C. trip with the students is in a few weeks.  It is a lot of walking.  My physical therapist told me to make sure I talk to the doctor about this.  I have several questions to ask him at this point.

I have been in more severe pain for the past few days.  I know why my pain has been worse, but it is something I cannot control.  I just hope to get some more answers tomorrow, or at least a direction of where we may be going to discover what this is tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment