Monday, March 22, 2010

But I Was Meant to Teach

Some days I wonder, what if I had an office job.  Not saying that office jobs are easy because I know every job has their good points and bad points.  But some days I just think it would be nice just to be able to sit during the day.  I love my job.  I love teaching.  I have never doubted that this is what I was supposed to do.  It's my passion and my heart.  Days like today make me wonder how I will ever make it through though.  I don't have a choice.  If I want to be a good teacher I have to stand up.  I have to move.  My children have to move, which requires me to.  Today we looked at the rate at which things move.  How do you look at that without moving?  Thankfully, my children are as understanding as 5th graders can be.  They help me whenever I need it and I get asked at least once a day by a student that has finished their work if they can help me with anything.  I wouldn't trade my job for the world, but some days when all I want to do is curl up in bed, I wonder why I'm not sitting at a desk.

I went to physical therapy today.  My therapist wants me to start doing pool therapy to try to get me into an exercise program.  I am all for it.  I need to exercise, and when I tried to walk the other day, after 10 minutes I was in so much pain I had to stop.  I don't know that I will be doing my typical therapy anymore after going to the doctor, but I would like to at least try the pool therapy to see where it gets me.  Although, this means I need to go swimsuit shopping, because after all I was about 60 pounds heavier the last time I put my swim suit on.

Which leads me to my next part.  I finally went back to Weight Watchers today.  After 5 weeks, it was about time.  It was nice to go in and hear that I was missed and people were worried about me.  I told them I would never quit - not after losing this much.  I was up 3 pounds.  Well, I guess after going through surgery and not being able to eat anything but ice cream, that isn't too bad.  I've got to get back on it though.  My total is now at 74 pounds instead of 77 before surgery.  I am going to start back tracking again this week and see how it goes.

Tomorrow will be a long day with Beta Club inductions, so I should probably go to bed.  Pain has hovered around a 5 today, even with 1200mg of tylenol. ~sigh~

No comments:

Post a Comment