Thursday, July 2, 2009

Falling asleep is a struggle

For the past few nights I have had problems falling asleep because of my pain. The Lupron has caused an increase in pain. Sometimes I am fine, other times it will hit me like a ton of bricks and I feel like curling up in a ball. The pain can range from a dull cramping pain, to a sharp stabbing pain. I am having to be careful of the way I sit and lay down because of the pressure. My right side (the one that has been bothering me all along) is the one that is really causing me pain now. The past few nights I have tossed and turned for about an hour before falling asleep. It is so hard to get comfortable without being in a lot of pain. I am still able to manage it with my strong ibeprofen. I have also been experiencing nausea. I am trying not to allow the pain from keeping from doing everything, although I am trying to listen to my body. I am trying to rest as much as possible. When I am able to get comfortable, I sleep as much as possible. I know that I need it! Again, it's just a day by day thing. Tomorrow (well actually today) will be a full week since my first Lupron injection. Still praying that it will take away my pain, I just know it isn't going to come over night.

No comments:

Post a Comment