Monday, July 6, 2009

Sleep is a Precious Thing

So my mother keeps reminding me that the only time your body heals is when you are sleeping. I love to sleep, so this is okay with me. (Although I like to stay up late and sleep in the next day.) It has been really hard for me to fall asleep the past several nights. I toss and turn. I have a million things running through my mind, but most of all I can't get comfortable. If I lay on my right side, it feels like someone is stabbing my hip. I turn some more. Yet, I still can't fall asleep. I have been tossing and turning for two hours or so each night. I hope this eventually goes away. I have also noticed that I have become more anxious about things. I wanted the smoke detector checked, and a new one bought. I had a muscle cramp in my chest for an hour that terrified me. I keep worrying about my dogs, are they okay?, are they wrapped around something and hurting?, are they in the road?. What if's keep going through my mind. I wish I could calm my mind. I hope the anxiety is something that is just because of my hormone change and not because my estrogen has dropped or whatever the cause may be. I do not want to go on anxiety medication, but if it becomes something that gets in the way of my everyday life, I may have no choice but to do it temporarily. I know this is something caused by the Lupron because I have never had these problems before. I still have increased pain levels, but just doing the same old same old with that. Heating pad, rest, and anti-inflammatory medications. I'm heading to bed. Please pray that I can fall asleep easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment