Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pain Can Ruin Your Plans

I have things I want to do this summer. I want to go on vacation. I want to take day trips. I want to visit friends. I want to visit family. It hurts for me to stay in one position for too long (especially sitting). My right side (the same that has been hurting for months), really hurts; therefore, it hurts for me to drive for long periods of time (sometimes even shorter periods of time, depending on how much pain I am in at the moment). I am hopeful that around the second week in July I should start getting some pain relief and maybe be able to resume half-way normal activities. Knowing that the Lupron could possibly make my pain worse for the first two weeks makes me nervous. I am not a home-body, and will not enjoy it if my pain is keeping me in. I am trying to have a positive outlook on it. I will be okay. Mind over matter. Chronic pain can affect your mood. From what I have read, many people that suffer from chronic pain also have depression. I know I don't have depression, not even close. I do know that this is affecting my mood. I am trying not to think about some of the things that I may miss this summer and focus on the fact that I may be fine - time will only tell. I can't say that I will be in pain and won't be able to do everything I want to this summer because I don't know. I just know that I'm not off to a good start...

No comments:

Post a Comment